Tuesday 14 August 2012

THREE MUSES


When I was a child  there was a song we used to sing when skipping a rope with friends : There's a party on the hill will you come, bring your own cup and saucer and a bun ....'  the next girl would jump into the twirling rope and we would chant her name into the song 'Mary will be there throwing peanuts in the air' .   And then the whole song would begin again as an invitation for the next girl to jump in.

It's my turn to host at the Three Muses and I have chosen the theme of INVITATION by Mail Art.

Credit to Scrapping Cop, Plainster, ObsidianDawn and AlicePopcorn.

Thank you for looking.


14 comments:

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

Ann,
Adorável convite,
divertida sua canção!
grata por compartilhar suas lembranças de infância!
abraços
Ana

Judy said...

YES, I will come, Ann, looking forward to the Yorkshire fare and the skipping (watched Ade in Britain last night featuring Yorkshire!).
Fun invitation and a great theme!

Queenie Believe said...

A very fun invitation indeed!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Kaylene said...

Love those skipping rope chants, lovely invitation and tank you for your comment. Cheers

Deann said...

Love your invitation and the cute verse...I always wanted to throw peanuts in the air!

Your new header is smashing what a showcase I love it!

Electra said...

Now THAT is a party I want to come too!!

Junibears said...

Ooooh Lovely! I'll come! I'll come! And your new header is magnificent! hugs xx

Sim said...

I'll for sure come at your party Ann!
So lovely indeed!
I was missing you...

Yvonne said...

Yes, I'll be there :) Superb invitation, Ann!

Anonymous said...

I'll definitely be there, Ann, throwing peanuts in the air with all our blog friends! What fun!xx

Deborah Verhoeven said...

That is fabulous! I do happen to have a bag of peanuts in my kitchen, so I will be there!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the imagery in your invitation mail art, and the rhyme fits perfectly. Blessings!

Ozstuff said...

I love your invitation, Ann. Is the verse a Taluula original or are you remembering it from school playground games? Great stuff.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Second try at leaving a comment: Wonderful whimsical images and colors in this Ann! Great inspiration piece.