Tuesday 7 August 2012

WOOHOO - AND THERE'S MORE


MY JOURNAL PRIZE FROM PAULETTE

During April of this year Paulette, from the beautiful ART DUST art blog,  worked on an altered journal specifically to give it away at a prize drawing later that month.  It looked absolutely stunning and so I made a comment  and entered the draw.

Then my husband was taken seriously ill and for me the land of art and blogs disappeared into the blue as my world turned upside down.

In early May Paulette having had no response from me emailed me to let me know I was the lucky winner!  One or two quick emails passed between us in which all was explained.

The journal never arrived and I assumed it was lost in the postal system and I worried Paulette would think me very rude indeed for not thanking her.  Then an email arrived from her in which she told me she had just discovered the journal she thought she had already sent!

Well, two weeks on and I am the very proud owner of the beautiful journal which finally found its way to me here in the UK.    Thank you so much, my friend.

Why not pop over and see Paulette's fabulous Art Dust blog.


4 comments:

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful and fun treasure, enjoy!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

RPLancaster said...

I am so glad you liked the journal, Ann and that it finally found it's way to you!
Please fill up the last pages, I'd like to think that you're actually using it.
I liked the theme of that little altered journal so much, I'm contemplating doing a second. Who knows they may turn into a series.

p.s. the little girl on the first page is me:)

indybev said...

I've had the pleasure of meeting Paulette and seeing some of her journals. Her work is wonderful, and you are VERY lucky to receive a sample. And, how nice that something wonderful came out of that dark time in your life!!

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping your husband is much better.xx