Sunday 17 December 2017

TAKE A WORD

Our theme this week at Take a Word  is to remember ABSENT FRIENDS this Christmas time.

Because this particular photo allows me to remember so many of  my 'long ago' family it remains one of my all time favourites. 

It's my parents' marriage, a happy time after the end of the second world war, and also a pictorial record of so many of my family including grandparents, great uncles and aunts and also second cousins.  It wasn't until I began to research my family history and I was able to put faces to names that this particular photo became as precious as it is.

Thank you for looking.

3 comments:

indybev said...


Thank you for sharing, Ann. Genealogy is fascinating, isn't it, and doesn't it make us appreciate our ancestors all the more!

peggy gatto said...

What a lovely special picture!

Deann said...

A priceless photo It's nice to have something that can bring us back in a way, to happy times in our past.