Sunday 22 April 2018

TAKE A WORD


We have TIME as our word for inspiration at Take a Word this week and that reminded me of a strange sight I saw, a week last Tuesday, from my bedroom window.  There in the darkness I saw a gentleman's pocket watch hanging there in the sky.  As I watched I noticed the timepiece was disintegrating before my very eyes as birds began to fly from it, or out of it.  I couldn't tell which.  But even stranger, as I looked closer, I saw a man desperately hanging from the minute hand of the timepiece and wondered where he was bound.  I never did find out because the very next moment the watch disintegrated totally and disappeared from sight.    One question ..... could it be the cheese I ate before bedtime?

Credits : timepiece and birds from the public domain.  The brave gentleman and the background are from my own stash.

Thank you for looking.

12 comments:

Deann said...

My darling you need to leave off the cooking sherry it's starting to effect your artwork...I love this of course.

Sim said...

I'm in awe dear Ann...
This surreal and magnificent creation is mind-blowing!
You really rock my friend!

Lori Saul said...

Wonderful! Hanging on to time and trying to capture it!

Sharon said...

So much to think about with this collage - love it!

Ozstuff said...

I would love to have a piece of that amazing bedroom window. It's magical. Love the idea of the man trying to stop the clock. I enjoyed your story so much and then you went and spoilt it all by saying something stoopid like "it could have been the cheese before bedtime". You take us up there somewhere and then bring us back to earth. Don't lay off the cheese. Your fans enjoy your flights of fantasy.

Meggymay said...

A fabulous page and a great story which was a good read. I hope you enjoyed the cheese

sirkkis said...

This dream of you is wonderful and elegantly told us. Very stylish and tells much in simply way. Dream more my friend xx

Carolann said...

Oh I do like Magic. Yours is Magic.

indybev said...


A delightful piece. Your hallucinatory experiences are always entertaining ... and well done!

Michele said...

such fantastic imagery! love! xo

Anonymous said...

This reminds me a little bit on the great Charlie Chaplin and his movie "Modern Times". What a great playing!

peggy gatto said...

Eat more cheese and then write a book, a best seller!!!!!!!!! Love your story!