Sunday 19 January 2014

TAKE A WORD


We have HATS-N-THINGS as our theme at Take a Word this week and that reminded me of one of my neighbours who goes by the name of 'Cat Lady'.   Seemingly unable to be parted from her little brood of feline fur balls for even one second she has taken to carrying them around in all manner of contraptions and containers ... I even saw her the other day wearing them on the  top of her head just like a hat!  Well, I never!

If you have ever wondered what Taluula looks like, then take a peek at the picture below to see me sporting one of my many weird and wonderful hats. 



Credit in the main to Caroline at SharingTubes, but also to HolliewoodStudios and FinecraftedDesigns.  In fairness some credit must also be given to Modigliani for his very good likeness of me!

Thank you for looking.

14 comments:

sirkkis said...

Good heaven, how gorgeous and funny! Book idea is very clever and well done.

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Sensational, I am speechless about your new breathtaking funny creations, I admire your fantasy.
Big hugs Anja

Karla B said...

Both are gorgeous, Ann. You art is always inspiring!

Deann said...

This is hilarious Ann...fabulous work love all the eyes and hats...oh and the birds and cats.

indybev said...

Stunning x 2 !!

Bill said...

That must be a good book! Some pretty interesting-looking people are reading it. I've personally read "A Cat In The Hat," but I've never seen cats as a hat before. Evidently the birds approve. I just hope they don't leave any calling cards on the pages.

Christine said...

I can't show this to my daughter, she might give it try as she always feels guilty when leaves Nina alone... I knew Taluula was a fine interesting (though a bit eccentric) lady!

johanna said...

you never cease to amaze me... i thing both are extraordinary!!!!!!!!!!!

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Both pieces are so wonderfully made Ann, you always amaze me with your creativity.
Anni

Junibears said...

Wow! Two times over! Fab-u-luss pieces Ann! I am gobsmacked as usual with your delicious dainties! xx

sheila 77 said...

I could look at these pictures for ages. Yes, I have wondered what Taluula looks like and now I know, and if I see her walking down the street I can say hello, although she might not be wearing her reading hat, and what a hat, what eyelashes. And the books with the eyes and the box of kitten and the birds on the twig - gasp! again.

bluegiraffe (Sherry) said...

OMG! I so admire your creativity. Your cat-accessories far surpass the ones I created! :) Love your "Taluula" self-portrait too!

Ritva said...

love the self portrait - you look lovely :-) what imagination you have - as always so beautiful is your art

Yvonne said...

Oh my goodness, these are fantastic, Ann! You look marvelous, my dear!