Monday 8 December 2008

Sunday Postcard Art - Fairies

This week's theme is fairies at Sunday Postcard Art.

I used Enchanted Forest Collab (designs by Vicki) to layer and blend a pink background paper and pink flower, and to get the lovely rich red I used colour burn. The word art I duplicated, then used multiply to give depth and richness. I added fairies, bubbles and cream flower, resizing as needed. Finally I added the child image from Christine Annette's Free Image stock and blended her into the two backgrounds to create an ethereal feel to the piece.

7 comments:

Ozstuff said...

This is stunning, Ann. So beautiful and eye-catching (and clever). Thanks so much for telling us how you achieved such a result. We learn something new every day.

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

This is fantastic ...stunning work. I'm also happy that you tell us how you made it.

Veronica said...

Lovely Ann - love the way you have merged the little girl - very effective.

Hugs

Vron xx

June said...

Ohhh wow how magical !! I love it. Very nicely done
Hugs June x

indybev said...

Thanks for the tutorial, Ann, and for sharing your remarkable talent. This piece is outstanding, and the blending is masterful. Standing ovation!

Helen said...

Some great layering work here, so well done.

~*~Patty S said...

Your fairies DO look enchanted!